Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do One Thing: Get a gym buddy

Having a "gym buddy," or workout partner, can be a great way to stick to an exercise schedule and get the most out of each workout. When someone is counting on you to show up, you're less likely to skip a workout. Also, working out with another person can challenge you to push yourself, whether by encouraging you to push harder than you might if you were working out alone, or by inspiring you to try something new. When I was working out regularly with a friend, I took a spin class for the first time because she asked me to; and I would never make it to my 8AM yoga class every Saturday morning if I didn't have my husband to drag me out of bed and come with me. Your workout partner can be a friend, co-worker, relative or significant other. Gym buddies aren't just for the gym either: walk, bike, take a dance class or play a sport with your workout partner! To read more about the benefits of working out with a partner, check out this article from Gold's Gym.


Image: Shape.com - 10 Tricks to Get Motivated to Hit the Gym

No comments:

Post a Comment