Saturday, May 12, 2012

Welcome to Piece O' Cake 2.0!

Piece o' Cake is back after an (unexpected) extended hiatus! Almost two years ago I took a break from posting to this site in order to reconsider how I wanted to continue with the blog. At that time I was also embarking on a few new pursuits. I completed CPR training with the American Red Cross and Group Fitness Training with the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America. Soon after, my husband and I found ourselves sitting before a surgeon who had just diagnosed me with having an early stage cancer.
My life was not in imminent danger and I had some options regarding my treatment. I was a very lucky girl. Not to be held down, and considering how fortunate we were to receive such a positive prognosis, we jumped in our car and continued straight from the doctor's office to Boston, as planned, so that I could proceed with getting my certification as a Zumba instructor. I was a mess of mixed feelings when I awoke in our hotel room the next morning, but with my husband's encouragement I left for my training session and became a certified Zumba instructor one day after finding out about my cancer. For the next several months, however, my focus was entirely on my treatment. Afterwards, I dedicated my time to resuming my studies in the Didactic Program in Dietetics at New York University and applying for Dietetic Internship programs. Today, I am a Dietetic Intern at New York Presbyterian hospital...and I'm back and ready to blog! I am so excited to get back to sharing with you all of my tips for making healthy living convenient & fun, so without further ado, welcome to Piece o' Cake!

Image: Pixomar / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment