Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Gratitude.

Since yesterday's attacks at the Boston Marathon I have been procrastinating on writing a next blog post. No topic seemed appropriate. Then today, I read an email newsletter from BCL Fitness founder Melissa Carter. Melissa has asked her readers to share what they are grateful for. This resonated with me.

This morning I started my day with my regular yoga class. The class seemed more crowded than usual and I took a spot in a back corner of the room. I don't know if it was yesterday's explosions or the packed room but I found myself distracted. I couldn't help but think how lucky I was, right there in that moment. Lucky to have the freedom to be in that room doing something that makes me happy: physical and financial freedom, as well as the freedom to decide how to spend my own time. 

Remembering to count our blessings and honor those things we are grateful for can refuel us with the strength we need to achieve our goals or get through a difficult time.


I decided to write down 10 things I am grateful for. The first 10 things that came to mind. Here they are.

A partner whose presence alone makes everything okay
The love and support of my family and friends
A comfortable home in the greatest city in the world
Food enough for sustenance and celebration
Physical, mental & emotional health
The joy of dance and physical movement
The inspirational individuals from whom I draw strength
Freedom to live the life I want
A career aligned with my passions and values
The ability to absorb the richness of other cultures and communities through travel

What are you grateful for?
Diane


Image credit: Spinner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment